금강자연미술비엔날레
HOME ENGLISH
  • 비엔날레
  • 지난 비엔날레
  • 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

지난 비엔날레

지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2015 ] 이응우(한국) ㅣ Lee, Eung-woo (Korea)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 3,081   작성일2015-10-05

본문

이응우(한국) ㅣ Lee, Eung-woo (Korea)
    크기변환_A Dragon River 2011 Japan.JPG

龍江(용강)  A Dragon River

나는 요코하마의 숲속에 나무들을 따라 자연과 인간의 공존을 상징하는 작품을 기획하였다. 그러나 현장에서 작업하는 동안 나의 설치작업을 보고 많은 사람들이 그들의 생각을 말하기 시작했다. 누군가는 “龍(용)”이라고 하고, 또 누군가는 “江(강)”이라고 했다. 따라서 나는 이들의 객관적 시각을 존중해 나의 작업을 “龍江(용강)”이라 명명했다.

Once I planed to make something which stands for symbiosis between Human and Nature along the woods in Yokohama. While I was working on it, many peoples there began to talk about my installation. Some of them said it’s like a dragon, and others said it seemed to a river. Therefore I named it as “A Dragon River”

크기변환_Sprouts in Partapur 2009 India.jpg

파르타푸르의 새싹  Sprouts in Partapur

나는 넓고 황량한 대지의 구릉위에 멀리서도 잘 보이도록 힘차게 솟아나는 새싹의 이미지를 만들어 세움으로서 이곳 사람들의 미래를 축원하고 싶었다. 그리고 재료는 대나무를 쓰기로 했다. 왜냐하면 이곳 사라들이 영아의 요람으로 대바구니를 사용하기 때문이었다. 즉 육아를 위한 바구니의 재료로 그들의 미래를 상징하는 조형물을 만든다는 것은 매우 의미 있는 일아라고 생각되었다. 나의 작품을 통해 메마른 대지를 뚫고 힘차게 자라나는 새싹의 이미지와 요람에서 무럭무럭 자라나는 아기의 이미지가 만나는 것이다.

I wished the people luck by making an image of a sprout that they can see it from a distance. And I decided to use bamboo as a material. Because the peoples in Partapur use the bamboo basket as a cradle. That is why I chose it. It was very meaningful to make the installation representing their future at the moment. The image of a sprout and a baby growing in a cradle can meet through my work.

크기변환_The Lost History 2014 Korea.JPG

잃어버린 역사  The Lost History

아주 오랫동안 지속되어 온 산업사회는 도시중심문명과 자본주의로 불리는 거대한 성과를 이루었다. 그러나 문화시대를 지향하는 오늘에 이르러 이러한 가치는 낡은 유물이 되어가고 있다. 어쩌면 그것들은 우리에게 소중한 경험보다 씻기 어려운 깊은 상처를 주었는지도 모른다. 우리가 기대하는 새로운 세상! 이름하여 문화의 시대는 자연이 먼저 건강하고 따라서 인간도 행복해지는 그런 세상이길 바란다. 나의 작업 “잃어버린 역사”는 산업사회 이전의 역사를 의미하는 것이며, 그 회복이 미래를 여는 첫 걸음임을 상징한다.

For a very long time, our long-standing industrial society was the so-called great result of civilization and capitalism as the city’s center. However, today the value of that cultural era which we aimed for is becoming an outdated relic. Perhaps, it may even be true that instead of provding us with a valuable experience, those before us have induced a difficult and deep wound. The new world that we expect! We wish for a world in which the named cultural era first provides a healthy environment and thus people will be happy as well. My piece “Forgotten History” portrays history before industrial society and symbolizes restoration as a first step to improving our future.

Lee, Eung-woo (Korea)/A Dr

agon River

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.