지난 비엔날레에 출품한 작품들을 올려드립니다.

[ 2015 ] 권오열(한국) ㅣ Kwon, O-yeol (Korea)

페이지 정보

작성자 Admin   조회Hit 2,590   작성일2015-10-05

본문

권오열(한국) ㅣ Kwon, O-yeol (Korea)
    크기변환_Estranged Woods-1405_115.2x76.8cm_Digital c-print, 2014.JPG

Estranged Woods

내가 담아낸 숲은 어떠한 지점에 대한 부분 이미지이다. 숲을 온전히 담아 낼 수는 없다. 그렇기에 나는 이 숲에 대해 얘기할 수가 없다. 숲을 알 수 없기에 숲을 향한 나의 욕망은 나를 좀 더 깊숙한 숲으로 이끈다. 그렇게 나는 새롭고 낯선 숲을 찾아 헤맨다. 내가 담은 숲은 어쩌면 당신이 기대한 숲의 전경이 아닐 수도 있다. 그리고 내가 담아낸 숲의 전경은 보여 지는 이미지처럼 아름답지도 숲이 아닐지도 모른다. 나는 단지 ‘숲’이라고 짐작할 뿐이다. 나무는 다른 나무들과의 경쟁과 협동의 과정을 겪으며 수직과 수평으로 자기 영역을 확장한다. 이것은 효율적인 광합성을 하기 위한 것으로 보다 나은 삶을 위한 욕망의 산물이다. 나는 높이로 기억되는 성장의 결과보다 수평적 확장으로 만들어진 조화와 균형에 주목한다.

The forest in my picture is a partial image of a certain place.
    Since a forest cannot be expressed in its entirety, I cannot talk about it.
    Since I don’t know much about it, my desire toward it leads me into much deeper one. As such, I wander around looking for a new and unfamiliar forest.
    The forest in my picture may not be one you expected. Its actual view may not be as beautiful as its image. It even may not be a forest. I only guess it is ‘a forest.’
    The tree expands its territory vertically and horizontally, going through stages of competition and cooperation with other trees. This is for a rational photosynthesis, and it is a fruit of the desire for a better life. I lend my attention to harmony and balance created by a horizontal expansion, than the growing result remembered by height.

크기변환_Membrane-1202_97.6x177.6cm.JPG

Membrane

“세계는 기호와 텍스트로 이루어진 거대한 책이다. 우리는 세계와 직접 만날 수 없으며 의미화 과정을 통해서만 세계와 만날 수 있다.“ 라는 인식이 있다. 하지만 때로는 세계를 이해하기 위해 발전, 축적되어온 지식, 이성, 감각의 틀이 오히려 어떤 막이 되어 세계를 이해하려는 나의 눈을 흐리게 한다.

We have this awareness that "the world is a large book composed of text and symbol. We can not meet directly with the world, we can only meet it by the significance process". However, frame of development, accumulated knowledge, reason and sense in order to understand the world form a kind of layer to disturb my eyes, trying to understand the world.

크기변환_Nevertheless-1410-76.2x114.3cm-Digital c-print, 2014.jpg

Nevertheless

조건 지어진 환경이 살아가기에 곤궁해 보이지만 보다 나은 삶을 위해 분투노력하는 식물들을 본다.

The given environment seems to needy to live, but I see the plant that that make a strenuous effort to a better life.

Kwon, O-yeol (Korea)/Estranged Woods

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.